I am qualified to help pregnant and lactating mothers to eat healthy. As I was coming up with meal plans for my mums, I wanted something quick and easy that they could just slap together in a couple of minutes and have a nutritious meal. Smoothies are the perfect meal, quick to prepare and can be balanced including vegetables, fruit, protein and whole grains. I put together a green mango smoothie, which is delicious and filling which can be taken for breakfast or a snack.
The mango green smoothie is a complete meal and contains a number of ingredients including oats and baby spinach. Below is the list of ingredients and the vitamins and minerals that are in them that can help your baby grow. Or maybe you don’t have a baby. That’s ok. It’s still very delicious.
- Oats – protein, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, B6, folate, pantothenic acid, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese
- Mango – vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, B6, iron, calcium, zinc, vitamin E, antioxidants
- Baby Spinach – vitamin A, vitamin K, , manganese, magnesium, folate, iron, copper, vitamins B1, B2 and B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, vitamin C, phosphorus, zinc, protein and choline
- Zucchini – Protein, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Copper, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.
- Banana – Vitamin B6, Manganese, Vitamin C, Potassium, Protein, Magnesium, Folate
- Milk & Yogurt – calcium, thiamin, riboflavin and vitamin B12, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Mango Green Smoothie Recipe
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 zucchini frozen
1 banana frozen
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup yogurt
3/4 cup low fat milk (or milk substitute)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz for 1 minute or until smooth. Serve and enjoy.